Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Reflection

1. How did analyzing each portion of your project as you worked through it aid you in thinking about how to help students (and other teachers) create their own technology-enhanced projects. I have to admit that at first I was having a little difficulty coming up with "the project". It seems as though I over analyzed at first. I guess because I am constantly creating some type of technology for a lesson or to help a teacher get a message across...this was not anything different than what I usually do. I have been making TEASE's for many years which is similar to this project. Many of the steps in this Library to Play are what I go through for each project I do. I keep a folder with ideas...as I usually start out with a brainstorm, followed by a few notes on paper before I begin my folders with raw materials. Sometimes I will have several projects going on at one time...depending on where I am with the teachers. I usually try to help teachers create a sample of what they are asking their students to do. Again....always begin with the end in mind. Students can usually produce if they know what is expected. If possible we start with a rubric before the students begin...a rubric gives the students and idea of what is expected. At RCE we have built up a good collection of rubrics...many of the rubrics are for students to grade each other as well as looking at project/products.


2. How do you anticipate using your series of blog posts and the L2P3 blog itself in the future? I don't know how I will use the blog posts. Orginally I had hoped to to be able to post it and let people go through the steps...but I also realize that the personal relationships help to make technology easier for everyone. But...perhaps if they see that it doesn't just come easily...but takes many steps...then I will share it. I will have to see how it goes...

3. Describe one other way you anticipate helping others grow in using technology. I am so excited this year...I am part of the monthly Professional staff development with the teachers. I will get to meet with each grade level for 30 - 45 minutes once a month. During this time I hope to share new technology, enhance what they are already doing and help to find products/projects that will enhance what they are doing in the classroom. This has been a long time in the works...but I am hoping that the monthly time set aside will give me the necessary time to work with teachers where they are. At the end of the school year, I was able to meet with each team once and we developed class blogs and wikis ...now we need to put them to good use. I was hoping by having them in place..the teachers would be ready to go in August. I will send out a survey to see what and where the teachers are and want to go....I run a very flexible program...so what the teachers want...the teachers get...

4. The success of the 23 Things program has been established. How did the "23 Things" format translate to this type of program that was more systematic? This was a little more difficult...again I may have over analyzed. Most of the items you sent us out to look at I already use as a daily basis....so there wasn't so much to "learn". I like the 23 Things format...but I don't know that it worked as well for the creation part. I like that I can send people to the 23 things to check things out and I have gone back over the years as one thing that I didn't use a lot at one point becomes important later...This one seemed almost anti-climatic...perhaps because as a result of L2P1 and L2P2 I use the stuff daily and the idea that was presented in L2P3 is already part of my daily life.

No comments:

Post a Comment